• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

standing against Barclaycard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• standing against Barclaycard

I have got two issues going on with Barclaycard...... I am about to start the court process for the reclaiming of unlawful charges.... This should clear the debt, so am quite excited about that.....charges £832, interest at 27.9% (why did I ever go for a card with that rate?) total £1290.07. They have already paid £288 into my account, which I accepted as a partial settlement.

However I have (until about 12 months ago) been paying PPI to them, I know I would not have asked for it, cos we never do..... So I requested my CCA and the photocopy was not of great quality, however although there appears to be a smudge in the YES box, there is definately not a tick.... particularly when you compare it to the other boxes, where the ticks are considerably more obvious. So I have written to Barclaycard asking for it back. PPI payments, again charged at the same interest rate total £544.82, interest £370.73, total payable £915.55, although this was on the 15th May, so I need to recalculate...
    Barclaycard have not acknowledged this claim yet, has anyone any idea as to what I do next, their 14 days are up, so I need to worda LBA to them.
    xx

I have now realised that what I thought was a CCA, was not.. It was just a copy of my application.... They have not conformed as it is now 12 days + 30 days, any suggestions?

Comment

hi standing....ive claimed ppi and charges on my barclaycard...didnt have the CCA.

they were damn quick in paying up the PPI....as knew didnt have a leg to stand on and I didnt have to raise a court claim for the ppi. (I got back contractural rate aswell)

xena

Comment

when you say quickly?? How quickly, I am sending them a LETTER BEFORE ACTION on MOnday morning....

Comment

bumpety bump on this thread
          Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
          For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
          And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

Comment

Originally posted by standingupformyself View Post
            I have now realised that what I thought was a CCA, was not.. It was just a copy of my application.... They have not conformed as it is now 12 days + 30 days, any suggestions?
            Hello Standingupformyself,

Have they sent you a copy of an application form as a copy of the true executed agreement?????

Can you download it to the site please

I have been successful with two big ppi claims, did not need to issue a court claim, they both paid up after a few letters exchange hands

Reclaiming ppi is still new in the reclaiming era. Some companies will repay you quick, some will delay with denials and stalling tactic. Whichever you will get it back.

Do you have all the infor you need, ppi premium, interest rate applied and the year the term ran for.

Do you have all of the payment you have acutally paid them

Is the ppi still running
            Can you let me know please

Comment

Hi.
              I cannot upload the copy, have not got a scanner. However
              I do have all the information I need, taken from the statements. I have a spreadsheet all sorted with each payment made and with the interest added, 24.9% I was paying it from Feb 2002 to July 2006, when I am embarrased to admit, I realised that I was paying it. Its because I was paying it by direct debit (minimum payment) for ages and just paid no attention.

Yes they have sent me a one page "Priority Application Form|" it only has my details on it, name and address, phone number and work phone number. No signature on it from them, not even a date from me that I can make out! The box where I filled in male or female is perfectly clearly ticked, however the PPI box just has a smudge. I did not ask for it, I never do.

Comment

Barclaycard PPI

Originally posted by Xena View Post
                hi standing....ive claimed ppi and charges on my barclaycard...didnt have the CCA.

they were damn quick in paying up the PPI....as knew didnt have a leg to stand on and I didnt have to raise a court claim for the ppi. (I got back contractural rate aswell)

xena
                Hi Xna

How did you get PPI (PPI) back on Barclaycard?

What grounds did you use?

I've got a scruffy copy of Application form-thas not a CCA is it?

I've been told there is no signed copy of the PPP(PPI) as "arranged over the phone"?

Turbo

Comment

hi standing.

when i did my claim last june for this. i did not request my application form as i knew they had just automatically added it, without my consent.

this was an easy one to claim and didnt have to raise a court claim,

They were pretty quick on paying standing....if i can remember rightly after sending my LBA.

so the sooner your LBA goes the sooner your dosh will be with u

HTH

Xena

Comment

Sent the LBA over 14 days ago now

Comment

well in that case they must have liked me lol

well i would phone them to see if they are willing to settle if not u will have to raise a court claim.

mine was settled last june prob very inundated now.

Comment

Re: standing against Barclaycard

Hi Xena

Any reply to post 8?

Thanks

Turbo

Comment

Bumping on this thread, just to update.

First letter and LBA sent to Barclaycard... they refunded the difference between the £12's and the full amounts they charged. This still leaves about £750 ish, which together with 27.9% interest on the spreadsheet amounts to £1000 ish. My next step would be to take them to court, but as yet have not because my local court is giving out blanket stays.... so I am sitting patiently

I also CCA'd them. because I was pretty sure I had never asked for PPI, I received the APPLICATION FORM back from them (link attached) which shows a dodgy area, because there is a smudge on the form where it asks for a tick. However further up on the form where you tick male or female, you can clearly see what a tick looks like, and the smudge does not... I have sent a couple letters threatening court to try to get all PPI back, but they have clearly refused me.

Anyway, now my account is a few months in arrears, and has been passed on to Mercers.
                          I have not yet written to B'card saying I beleive the account is in default, neither have I CCA'd Mercers... both of which I shall do this week.

Any advice anyone?
                          http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...ccascan046.jpg

Comment

edited, posted triple!!!

Comment

edited, posted triple!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X