• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Standing against MBNA (Abbey)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update
    My statement came through this morning... it is weird.. loads of £500 payments, all adding up to the agreed amount, and then 4 more! Basically they have overpaid me £1700+ the amount we negotiated on during the last phone call.... they paid it in 3 days after they paid the other lot in.
    I am now in credit with the card!!!!!! have not had a card for that account for about 6 years! but have an available balance of four grand!!!!!!
    Should I tell them?

Comment

that, stanidngupformyself, is between you & your conscience!!

Comment

actually, there is nothing in it for me anyway..... I could not access the money, no card you see! And if I ask them for it, then they will probably see the error in their ways!
        What a professional company

Comment

It might be worthwhile asking them to send a cheque for the credit balance on your account. If they notice the mistake then just act all surprised....if not then your laughing! lol....

A bit naughty but these things are sooooo complicated it would be easy to get confused with it wouldn't it

Just depends on you and your consicience. Oops I sound like a right criminal!!!!!
          Is no longer here

Comment

To be honest Wendy, I was thinking of doing just that............. I will just ignore it for a month I think and see what next months statement looks like. I now owe £86 and then my debt with MBNA will be over, so I shall carry on making those payments and keeping an eye on things.

Even if it does say credit limit £2400, available to spend £4250 !!

Comment

Oh Standing be careful, I know it's tempting to say it's their mistake tough.
              But it will be noticed I think and they will ask for it back I am sure that is their rite. So just get rid as soon as you can then cancel your account if you live with out it. Only my opinion for what it's worth. Enaid x

Comment

Enaid, you are quite right..... They will notice their mistake shortly I am sure, and I cannot touch it anyway as my card has not been renewed for years now... Its safe where it is..... Just very amusing

Comment

I know, tis a pity you won't get interest on it

Comment

Just to play devil's advocate standing - have you not got any of those cheques left that they sometimes sent with your statements?

I have similar situation with Abbey - almost same amounts - but waiting for response to overdue CCA letter. They are still chasing me for the money - today they sent me a really nice postcard from southern ireland saying they will be calling me this week.

Comment

No cheques left at all!!!

Comment

Well I agree with Wendy - ask them to send you a cheque for what is owed to you as the account is now closed. And see what you get?
                        Last edited by Goldlady; 16th July 2007, 20:35:PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X