• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

standing and Barclays, just a small one

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• standing and Barclays, just a small one

I sent the LBA to Barclays yesterday (29.5.07) I am only after £120 from them, charges they took from me during a sticky patch towards the end of last year. I have a few other claims going through (All at LBA stage) but am going away on holiday 1st week in July and an extra £120 spending money would come in handy!!
    Surely this will not go as far as court? I had a similar amount with Nat West who offered me a settlement last week (which I accepted, only a fiver less than my claim) and that was about 3 weeks after I sent the LBA,
    Any idea what Barclays are like with little ones?

Anyone got an email address for someone I could drop a line to? Surely, surely I am not going to have to take this one to court?

Comment

Hi standing try emailing

thomas.hickey@barclays.com....if no joy on that let me know and i will dig out my file

Xena

Comment

I would not advocate emailing them.

I would ring them and follow it up with a letter. As it is such a small amount they may well settle, but Barclays are extremely slow at settling.

Comment

Originally posted by Xena View Post
          Hi standing try emailing

thomas.hickey@barclays.com....if no joy on that let me know and i will dig out my file

Xena

Did it work for you?

Comment

You should get this sorted fairly quickly, however Barclays are renowned for dragging their heels.

Comment

Originally posted by standingupformyself View Post
              Did it work for you?
              yes it did standing, phone them up aswell...

Comment

No reply as yet from the email, you are right maybe I willphone them... not worth the hassle surely taking them to court

Comment

Just got home after a week away to find a letter from Barclays, they have offered me £90. I am inclined to accept it as I really dont want to bother taking them to court, but having said that, If I do not accept it, will they offer me a further amount before court proceedings start? The 8% is not worth thinking about as these charges were all about 8 months ago, so there is no incentive there.....

What do we think folks?

Comment

Personally i would carry on for the full amount, its YOUR money

P

Comment

I would carry on too.

Comment

so would I, but they are sooooo stubborn and long winded.

Comment

I agree Enaid.... and whereas I would be one of the first to agree that yo should fight for all the money, I have just come back from hols, feeling the pinch so to speak, and do I really want to fork out money for this one un-necassarily?
                          Question is, will they up the offer without me taking this to court? If so, I will contine.... dont need the £90 immediatly,

Comment

You could try a last letter giving them 7 days maybe threaten them with the interest and court costs. It's not worth doing CI either as it's not that old a claim is it and I don't think it would add that much, but I don't know for definate. They are a bit of a ball ache but I do hate to see them get away with one penny.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X