• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Xena v Abbey (fast track)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xena v Abbey (fast track)

ok first letter was sent lba 11th july for charges of £6,424.07.

didnt get a reply whatsoever.

filed claim on 27th july for 9,000 odd in fast track (yikes!!)they have until 15th august to acknowledge.

still nothing so looking to press that default button.at precisely one minute past midnight on the 16th ....

cant wait.... praying that they wont reply...

will keep you posted

Quote:
    Originally Posted by karnevil
    Hi

Dont leap on the default button - trust me it will be strung out a lot longer if you do.

Now, some back ground - do you have all your statements - is the figure an actual figure ???

hi there well blow me down just bin on MCOL and they have acknowledged today!!!!!

yes have all statments bar two which i sent i sent off a Data Protection Act letter time was up yesterday.!!!! so will sort that one out.

the actual figure with 8% is £9,187.97

Comment

thanks for that as i will need loads of help here.....

seeing as the account is now dormant..they said they were going to close it after i paid off all the damn charges... but still getting statements so that means the account is still open yes or no????

Comment

i no quite a newbie on this site ...but thanks will read that thread tomra when a clear head (one or two drinkies have bin had by me due to the stress of 3 claims ongoing amounting to rather a lot of dosh....YIKES!!!! two fast claim and one small!!!!)

will report in morning thanks so much for all help on this brill site.. long may it last.....

lol

Comment

well had a letter off DLA yuck!!!! so now have to deal with them.

they want a list of all my charges which have done but taken me a long time....due to the size of the claim. but i am £31.55 out ..damn have rechecked and rechecked...

is this a big problem or not.????

lol

Comment

hi there no down!!!! have added on my Data Protection Act cost so now £21.55 down(on my old laptop which has since died (the bugger!)it was correct.. but stupid me didnt back up all my work!!!!!now what a plonker!!! wont do that again!!!)
            not using 8% initally to dla just breakdown but have included 8% on my MCOL claim....they havent sent me a defence yet so not giving them full info at mo ...make them work they have all this info anyway just nother stalling tactic...the robbers
            no i didnt send breakdown initially lord only knows why...but there we are learn sumthing new everyday....silly me!!!!
            written dla a letter sort of similar to seminole will email to you if you like as my fingers are knackered from typing out all my charges and writing letters to all three claims....jee whizz...soon be a top pa the way im typing ha ha ha and god only knows will be needing a holiday very very soon lol
            Last edited by Xena; 29th May 2007, 10:42:AM.

Comment

morning guys!!!!!! in any case they havent complied with the Data Protection Act 40 days were up monday and i needed two statments i havent got....and have told dla that will amend claim should i need to!!!! (there will be charges I know!!!) so hopefully got my self covered re shortfall
              and written to abbey to say if not forthcoming within 7 days will take them to court!!!!!

Comment

heard nothing for a week since sending off my schedule of charges and pointing out to them quite clearly abbey are in breach of the Data Protection Act and also telling them that impossible to supply list of charges when you file a claim via MCOL...!!! how stupid are they!!!!!!!!

Comment

well had a 50% offer along with defence this am how odd.

they are keen to settle as said that would be better if neither of us did a CAQ wonder why as it is fast track and standard disclosure!! but still not accepting 50% might 90%
                  whats the best way forward now???

Comment

thanks karne did email alison our pal!!! ha ha saying i would accept 90% ...no joy!!!! our clients etc ha ha ...then i replied see you court with disclosure!!! will get my CAQ tomorrow... no doubt will have fun with that...nother one ha ha

odd getting 50% offer and defence at the same time!! saying i didnt provide them with shcedule a.. i did ..recorded...checked it up.. and was signed for....duh! emailed ali again and told her this...copy will be in the post tomorrow ...recorded delivery of course...!!!

Comment

karne,

thanks for your posts well appreciated!!!! xxx

err abbey ..they made our life hell... when we were doing well in the business overdraft was granted loads but when business dropped as it does at times oh overdraft suddenly dropped to half or third....story of our lives....love us one minute then the next want to kill us...they almost certainly did.

payback time.... love to go to court if i cud...xxx
                      Last edited by Xena; 29th May 2007, 10:48:AM.

Comment

was wrong my aq has to be in 18th september 2006. lets see what they come up with ha ha

Comment

hi hope karne is about as she will be able to help me on this one. have to send in AQ on monday is it worth negoiating with dla before taking to court?? another 100 got to find thats three in the last month! lol x
                          Last edited by Xena; 29th May 2007, 10:48:AM.

Comment

hi karne thanks ever so much but have already asked dla for 90% told me to bog off!!! will put in aq on monday standard disclosure really useful!!!! got 3 on the go at mo. so lot of money paid out...!!!! and court bundles to do costs a fortune!!!

which thread were you referring to abbey current, business, or instant saver??

thanks for replying lol x

Comment

well heard nothing from DLA dont even know who is dealing with my claim as Alison Burton has changed depts... AQ has to be in today so if nothing from postie will get it in by 4pm....again fast track but hoping my nice judge will allocate to small claims like my woolwich one. will be interesting to see!!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X