• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lori Vv nationwide round one

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lori Vv nationwide round one

ok here is my first claim...........hi there, i am new to all this i hope this works, my story is the nationwide have been taking from me for years and others similar, i decided to take them on! i am at stage two i have asked they repay my money but funnily enough ive heard nothing back yet,( only posted it two days ago!!), they r playing funny beggars though i requested statements from both my accounts and they only sent me one set!
    Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

Mcol filed 03/05/07

got the standard letter tellin me to beat it! lba gets posted tomorrow! they still have not sent documents about 2nd account am i right in thinking £10 covers all accounts held at bank?

Mcol filed 03/05/07

Comment

i have decided to go through mcol, i have an english address i can use my claim is near 4k this is just for one account!! they have still not sent me the statements for my main account, if i get the charges back for this account can they stop me claiming for the other account? im soo confused if anyone thinks im daft do not hesitate to let me know

Mcol filed 03/05/07

Comment

hi all another quick update, well tomorrow is the day i file my claim.............im so nervous, but hey its my money, i have still to receive the statements for the other account i hold with them and they have only 5 days to send them or im off to court to sue for non-compliance............may be by the end of this i will know what im doing x

Mcol filed 03/05/07

Comment

hi all another update, i have still not received statements for 2nd acc, the most recent letter i sent gave another 7 days to comply, not sure how i file for non-compliance cant seem to find anything, if you can help it would be greatly appreciated. xxxxxxx

Mcol filed 03/05/07

Comment

another quick update, not much to add im afraid i decided to be generous and offer them the chance to send statements but as yet no luck they have until tomorrow so looks like im off to court for non-comp. my other claim has still to be filed as when i checked online that nw had recieved all correspondence i found they didnt receive my lba so i had to send off another one,( now has to sue po ) they have until tomorrow then i submit mcol, its all ready to go just have to hit the button. xx i will keep u posted

Mcol filed 03/05/07

Comment

Hi all i got this letter today from nw and would appreciate some advice.....is this another standard bogoff

dear....
              Your complaint has been sent to me by .....Customer Care Manager, member account servicing. i've only just received the papers and will be reviewing them as soon as possible. once i've finished. i'll write to you with my findings.
              the Finanvial Services Authority (FSA) allows us 8 weeks to investigate before you have the right to ask the Financial Ombudsman to review your case. this ends on 06 March 2007. if for any reason we can't send a full response by then , we'll write and explain why.

this letter was in response to the LBA which i sent not sure if i just proceed with mcol or if they get the eight weeks, any help is much appreciated

Mcol filed 03/05/07

Comment

Hi Lori,

this is a standard reply from Nationwide; I got the same. The timeframe is yours NOT THEIRS. You dont have to wait 8 weeks. If you feel you have given them sufficient notice AND they have refused to refund your charges (in writing) then go ahead and file on-line. Remember you do not have to play to their tune, you call the shots and determine the progress of your claim, not them

I sent them two letters, including an LBA. As soon as they replied stating ....go away we're not giving you your money back, I filed .

Im a couple of days away from them defending and then, if they behave as they have in ALL other cases, they will pay up. Remember, in the small claims court, you are not liable for their costs even if they were to win (which they won't). So your down side is minimal (your court fees) and your upside is the return of all your charges

Hope this helps

Mcol filed 03/05/07

Comment

A quick question , i have a copy of my charges ready to send to court tomorrow, now im not sure but i think i read somewhere that i should also send another copy to nationwide

Mcol filed 03/05/07

Comment

You read right.
                    Send 2 copies of your schedule of charges, clearly marked with your claim no. + a brief covering letter asking for them to be filed with your claim to:

The Court Manager,
                    Money Claim Online
                    Northampton County Court
                    21-27 St. Katharine's Street
                    Northampton
                    NN1 2LH

Dear Sir/Madam

(Your Name) –v- (Bank)
                    Claim No: ********
                    Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.
                    Yours sincerely,

Wait until you receive the Notice of Acknowledgement (not the Notice of Issue) from the court and then send a copy to the bank’s solicitors, since they are the ones who will now be dealing with your claim

Dear Sir,

(Your Name) -v- (Bank)
                    Claim No: ********
                    Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a copy of my schedule of charges relating to the above claim.

Yours sincerely,

Mcol filed 03/05/07

Comment

ok got letter of acknowledgement, they are going to defend (surprise) i will send a copy of statements to mr Bacon, (if i'm wrong someone tell me)
                      so off to P.O. again x

Mcol filed 03/05/07

Comment

can i just ask anyoneare nationwide allowed 28 days from when the claim was issued or since the claim was acknowledged..x

Mcol filed 03/05/07

Comment

The best way to work it out lori is 33 days from the date your claim was filed through the courts.
                          The court allows 5 days for the claim to be deemed served, the defendant then gets 14 days to acknowledge the claim. Once the caim has been acknowledged the defendant then gets a further 14 days to file their defence. So in total it's 33 days.

Hope this helps you work out your dates lori.

One good point to remember though is that once this time period is up if the defendant has not filed their defence, dont be too hasty in filing for judgement. The court will allow the defendant a couple of days grace, why I dont know, if this does happen and you've already entered judgement against them they will be able to apply for a set aside and this will only delay the proceedure further.

Mcol filed 03/05/07

Comment

I WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
                            i cant believe it....................... ......£3,880 in the bank this morning...........woopppp eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeee

Mcol filed 03/05/07

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X