• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Walking in...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walking in...

... checking out the bar... yes, they serve Caffrey's... so I'm happy.

Afternoon all
    Copy of Law book from Amazon..£19.95, Refund Request stamp..32p, LBA stamp..also 32p, Court fees..£750.00,
    The look on the bank's barrister's face, when they lost the '£25k Mother-of-all unfair charges' cases...(plus his £8k+ of costs)... Priceless!

The legal bit: My views are based on a post-grad law degree and a relative who's a QC and supports the aims of those who wish to address imbalances in Law. But, I accept no liability for any outcome as a result of anyone invoking any of my advice - clarify your own personal stuation with an insured solicitor.

Surly, welcome, soooooooooooo good to see ya mate, pull up a chair while we have a little chat.............

Comment

Hiya Surly, you're most welcome hun, mines a tia maria and diet coke whilst you're up the bar, oh and don't forget the ice and lemon please.

sapphire

Comment

Hi Surly, nice to see you again.

Comment

Long time no see, glad to have you here.

Zooman

Comment

Hi Surly

Good to see you

Ame
            xxx
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Wow!... was there a mass cull at the CAG or something?... or did too many people start thinking what I thought a while back...Hmmmmmm...
              Copy of Law book from Amazon..£19.95, Refund Request stamp..32p, LBA stamp..also 32p, Court fees..£750.00,
              The look on the bank's barrister's face, when they lost the '£25k Mother-of-all unfair charges' cases...(plus his £8k+ of costs)... Priceless!

The legal bit: My views are based on a post-grad law degree and a relative who's a QC and supports the aims of those who wish to address imbalances in Law. But, I accept no liability for any outcome as a result of anyone invoking any of my advice - clarify your own personal stuation with an insured solicitor.

Comment

Oh Surly I think a lot of peeps have been thinking it for a long, long while, but didn't have anywhere 'decent' to go to. Thats why we are all so happy to be here thanks to Ashley and the team.

Anyway I for one will be watching CAG and waiting, 'cos eventually there has got to be some kind of internal compustion very soon. Its like waiting for a volcano to erupt.

sapphire

Comment

Hey Surly, Yo Bro - ma main man !!!! Good ta see ya cruisin' da 'hood !!!

A warm welcome to you, good sir - so pleased you accepted the King's Shilling !!

I have a feeling you will indeed feel inclined to make yourself at home here, and I'm so pleased to see the ladies looking after you already !!

And - yes - it's been a long time comin.'

Comment

YESSSS - RESULT !!!!!!!

Welcome aboard Surly !!! Here' let me help you with your kit-bag, sir !!

Good to have you here, mate !!!

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Simian View Post
                      Hey Surly, Yo Bro - ma main man !!!! Good ta see ya cruisin' da 'hood !!!

A warm welcome to you, good sir - so pleased you accepted the King's Shilling !!

I have a feeling you will indeed feel inclined to make yourself at home here, and I'm so pleased to see the ladies looking after you already !!

And - yes - it's been a long time comin.'
                      I've never really 'left' any forum, per se... but I just know when to acknowledge the feeling of being 'dissed'. And to be honest, I haven't posted too much lately as we've been working on too many cases in the Courts to really add anything new. The other forum, PCF, is also very welcoming and the CAGs recent dissing of Mr Hone has just highlighted the protagonistic ascerbity of some of the characters.

I thought that we were ALL (regardless of race, age, weight, or forum) trying to collectively get our money back and clean up other issues like defaults, and abuses of Law. One or two forums have shown that press exposure and ego seem to be more important than that. What's a bit sad in all this, is that the banks must be laughing to see such infraction, but there again if people have their priorities wrong, then it is bound to happen.

The only new thing that will be new from me is a new (more legal) approach on the default and CRA issue, but these can't be put in open forum as the CRAs will spy (as they do) and I want it to be a surprise.

If CAG want to remove my ID, then so what... They barred before because two twa**ish Mods wanted to get personal to diss me...solely because they were annoyed that I have discovered something about the law of contract that could be used in those cases, and they didn't... how childish is that? And I KNOW that was the case, because an insider sent me the blog from the inner sanctum of the Star Chamber, so it can't be denied.

Anyway, onwards and upwards, and to save repeating the same response to all the PMs, the ID comes from the best poem ever written... well, at least, to us aviators..

HIGH FLIGHT
                      Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
                      And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
                      Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
                      Of sun-split clouds - and done a hundred things
                      You have not dreamed of - wheeled and soared and swung
                      High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there
                      I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
                      My eager craft through footless halls of air.
                      Up, up the long delirious, burning blue,
                      I've topped the windswept heights with easy grace
                      Where never lark, or even eagle flew -
                      And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod
                      The high untresspassed sanctity of space,
                      Put out my hand and touched the face of God.

Pilot Officer Gillespie Magee, No 412 squadron, RCAF
                      Killed 11 December 1941, in his Spitfire V-ZH over the village of Roxholm, Lincs

I have since bas*ardised this sacred work (I know, I know!! - hangs head in shame) to put in the bank refunds context:

MY FIGHT
                      Oh! I have slipped their surly bonds of deceit
                      And danced around on banking codes
                      Court-bound I've driven, and joined the righteous mirth
                      of abused customers - and issued a hundred writs
                      you would not believed - confused and angered and beaten
                      their sunshine lawyers. Smirking there
                      I've chased up allocation questionnaires, and flung
                      bailiff writs through the halls of banks' hot air
                      Refund, refund, the delirious cheques
                      I've stopped their "legal rights" with easy grace
                      With easy Law, or even contracts due
                      And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod
                      the high impassable sanctum of call-centres
                      Put out my hand and stuck up my two fingers at 'em!

okay, it's not brilliant.. but it was worth a few minutes of mirth!
                      Last edited by SurlyBonds; 25th May 2007, 18:04:PM.

Comment

Silent awe.

Thank you Surly. It was nice to see where (I presume) your handle originated.

The original is new to me and very beautiful.

Your custom version is just bl**dy good, and so, so funny.

Comment

Silent awe.

Thank you Surly. It was nice to see where (I presume) your handle originated.

The original is new to me and very beautiful.

Your custom version is just bl**dy good, and so, so funny.

Thanks chap, the original knocked me sideways too when I first read it, as it summed up perfectly the experience when I first flew in a light aircraft above the cloudbase in total solitude.

Good to see some familiar faces on here, expecially the ones who don't mind a bit of jocularity along the way.

Since joining here, this just sums it up with this nonsense emailed to me:
                          "please note that anything you have submitted to the *** forum remains the copyright of the forum owners and cannot be used on other websites without the permission of the *** forum owners"

Response:
                          "Yeah, right!!!... bring it on big man... Like I'm f**king scared....NOT!!!
                          I've now passed my law degree and I'm backed up by a relative who's a noted member QC of the Temple, so please go play sulky-child with someone who might crumple under your threats, as you are now corresponding with someone who doesn't give a shiny-red baboon's a**e what the f**k you think. Besides, I suggest that you go check out Section 1(10) of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 concerning authorship of ANY works and reuse thereof, and also turn a few more pages and read all of section 78 whilst you have the said tome in your sweaty little hands."

Quite calm for me, I thought and, (obviously) no response since.

Next, I'll probably be threatened for reusing my old avatar despite the fact that I created it (and have the original source file) and it was uploaded from MY computer.

It would be laughable if it wasn't so stupid an attempt to play playground pokey-tongue antics along the lines of "you're not my best friend any more".... [rasp]

'Pathetic' doesn't even begin to describe it.

Comment

Morning Surly

Since joining here, this just sums it up with this nonsense emailed to me:
                            "please note that anything you have submitted to the *** forum remains the copyright of the forum owners and cannot be used on other websites without the permission of the *** forum owners"
                            Who emailed you that ? I presume one of the other forums you have frequented regarding information posted on there that you have copied to here ??

I made an error once on something that was sent out to a lot of forum members on behalf of the forum...when I asked what would happen if we were sued because of it, I was told that it was my work and they did not have any responsibility over it - although they would help me if I was sued - quite charming and obviously they just amend to suit themselves. They can't have it both ways can they.

It is quite pathetic.

OhI'm adding that act to our statutes library
                            Last edited by Amethyst; 26th May 2007, 11:05:AM.
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Simian
                              P.S. ...

Simian = "pertaining to apes or monkeys"

but here's one that I bet you didn't know:

Musatoid = "pertaining to bananas".

I kid you not!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X