• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Niklowe v Abbey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niklowe v Abbey

1st August 2006

I have only just found this website and reading through some of the messages, it looks like it's about time I looked into pursueing this further! Can anybody give me any usuful tips, and any do's and don't?

3rd August 2006

Hi

I'm lizi's father and I have just started down the road to recovering her charges. last month was £230 in charges which kept pushing her over her overdraft limit. One reason, apart from the fact that she's my daughter, is I am fed up with Abbey calling my house every night asking to speak to her! Why can't they pick on someone their own size!

Comment

5th August 2006

Just waiting for the usual 14 months of statements to come through then take it from there. Just had what I think is a note from a DCA come in the post this morning asking my daughter to ring urgently. Trying to get info out of my daughter is like getting blood out of stones. Still ,I shall take great delight in recovering her charges from as many Banks/credit card companies as I can.

Comment

12th August 2006

Just received the Standard Abbey Fob off letter from Pam Speed with the usual Microfiche arguement. The usual "will use your £10 to obtain them for you".

Comment

14th August 2006

Sent a reply to Pam Speeds Microfiche fob of letter this morning. We still haven't had any statements at all yet and it is now on day 10 of the timeline. Time to get down to a complaint to Information Commissioners Office.

Comment

17th August 2006

Just received the last 14 months statements this morning. The poor little postlady struggled to carry them up the driveway!

Looked through them, and added up the charges to a total of £585. I'm not sure whether to go for an estimated figure for the last six years as most of the charges have been in the last 6 months. I'm also considering waiting for the result of the OFT's visit to Abbey. The 40 days will not be up till the 13 sept so it might be worth the wait.

Comment

24th August 2006

Just received the "Sorry you are unhappy that you had to complain letter from Head of complaints.

Comment

22nd September 2006

LBA is going off today on behalf of lizi.

Comment

23rd September 2006

Well I never.................... .....

Asked Abbey for £585 back. Recieved a letter this morning from Shabbey. They are willing as a good will gesture to refund £760!

I shall have to buy a calculator the same as they use!!!!

Comment

27th September 2006

The £760 is now in my daughter's account. Good result with surprisingly little fight from Abbey, as they paid up before even receiving the LBA which crossed in the post with the offer of full payment .

Comment

And that is the first installment of the saga of my family against the Abbey

Please wait with baited breath for son's claim against the Abbey

Comment

Hi Nik,

May all your subsequent ones be as easy.

BB

Comment

Originally posted by Niklowe View Post
                          27th September 2006

The £760 is now in my daughter's account. Good result with surprisingly little fight from Abbey, as they paid up before even receiving the LBA which crossed in the post with the offer of full payment .
                          Excellent news well done, was that refund of the 14months of statements or the whole amount from when the account opened.

Hope you have told her off and not to do it again

Comment

Nice one Nik, is that going towards the wedding fund?

Comment

Hi Nik
                              I have been trying to do the same for my son whom they owed at the last count £640. I sent the LBA in his name but they ignored it and I dont have the £80 Court fee needed to take it further, so havent done so yet. I am suprised they paid you up and wish they would do that for us.

Might I just ask whether you claimed in her name or on her behalf and if so, what needs to be said on the form to do so on someones behalf, is there any specific form to use other than the norm?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X