• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Spreadsheet Queries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spreadsheet Queries

Excel Contractual and Statutory Interest Spreadsheets are here:

http://www.legal-beagles.co.uk/forum...eadsheets.html

If there are any problems or queries with using these spreadsheets, then please post them in this thread. This is for spreadsheet queries only, and not for general discussions of contractual interest.

Chatting about the weather may, however, be allowed occasionally.
    Last edited by Simian; 30th May 2007, 18:19:PM. Reason: New Link

Credit Card Spreadsheet

Simian

All 3 of the Credit_Card-Loan spreadsheets have an error in cell K6--(the total of Interest on Interest)--instead of summing col K-it sums the hidden col L which is Cumultive Penalties. Have E-mailed you--together with some Gorilla pictures.

Turbo

Comment

Thanks Turboman. Analysis much appreciated, mate. I've been offline for a bit, but should be back any time now. I have a new set of spreadies ready to upload, which I have tested a little more thoroughly than the original ones, which were a bit "rushed," TBH.

Apologies to anyone who has experienced this fault.

Cheers,

Will.

Comment

One Spreadsheet fits all !!!

I have now managed to create a single spreadsheet that does the lot !!

This one can be used for both credit card/loan and current accounts.

It can also be used for both simple and compound interest, with the interest calculation and display sheet needing just two commands - annual interest rate, and interest type (ie., simple or compound). The display sheet can then be copied within the spreadsheet as separate pages with different interest rates, copied as external files, or simply used as it is for printing out the different rates with "alternatives" claims by just throwing a couple of switches to display the different rates.

Because of its' modular, skeletal nature, it is much smaller than the multi-sheet spreadsheet, but can be expanded to any size, if required. It is therefore easier to upload/download. I consider it as a "one size fits all" creation, and I commend it to the House !!

There is a 400-line, and a 100-line version here:

http://www.legal-beagles.co.uk/forum...html#post13409
        Last edited by Simian; 13th July 2007, 14:27:PM. Reason: Updated link added

Comment

One Spreadsheet fits all !!!

Well done Bill, I shall be having a play with this one later!

Comment

Thanks Jan - I'd be interested to hear any comments on it, so please test it to destruction.

Comment

I have having some problems with my spreadsheet. After adding rows to my 8% interest spreadsheet it now has 208 rows. The interest worksheet only reflects interest down to row 101 (preset by the creator of the spreadshet). Shouldn't the interest reflect what is inputted into the charges worksheet and also go down to row 208? Please advise.

Comment

diamond i have just posted on your thread a solution

Comment

Diamond, you have to add the corresponding number of rows to all the worksheets that you are using within that file.

Comment

Ok - as I add the additional rows on the charges worksheet - I have to go into the interest sheet and add them there too?

Comment

Yes, that's right, as they still have commands in the cells to tell them to reference the other sheet(s), the cells/rows have to be copied downwards as well.

Comment

Thanks Simian!

Comment

Hope it helped !!

FWIW, we're working on one that will automatically do this, as you add each line.

Don't hold your breath, though - it ain't that easy.

Comment

I've just been checking my spreadsheet and had to make a few amendments - but totally forgot to add rows in the interest tab - now it doesn't match the charges worksheet. How do I rectify? This has to be the worst part of the whole process! I tried adding additionally rows to match but the new rows are not formatted so it doesn't make the calculation!! So frustrating! Help!!!

Comment

Simian, is there any way you can create a spreadsheet which has 300 formatted lines in both the charges and interest worksheets (so I don't have to add any rows) and I'll just start again?!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X