• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Spreadsheet Queries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just can't file in court (was hoping to do that tomorrow - doesn't look possible now) until I get the spreadsheet 100% right!

Comment

Diamond

The spreadsheet in post #1 here http://www.legal-beagles.co.uk/forum...s.html#post552 has 300 lines and all formulas correct, just copy and paste your charges into the charges sheet and the interest sheet will complete for you.

If you have any problems, PM me and I'll go through it with you

Comment

If you're claiming debited interest and/or CI as well, then this one has 400 lines, Diamond.

http://www.legal-beagles.co.uk/forum...html#post13409

If just claiming penalties and s.69 interest, then the one that IanCognito linked is excellent.

Comment

Thanks Iancognito - you are an absolute star - I decided last night to start again - stayed up until 2 am this morning putting all the charges in again and the interest seemed to triple. On a claim for £7,187.00 the interest shot up to £1,733.12 (this can't be right) - Giving a grand total of £8,931.62. Another thing that I noticed on the interest sheet was even though charges were of the same amount the interest varied (shouldn't they be the same if they're of the same amount?) Weird! Just out of interest can you shed some light on why this would happen!

Comment

Simian - likewise - thanks for your help, support - much appreciated!

Comment

Diamond

The interest varies over time, the interest is worked out from the day the charge was levied until the present date so if you have 2 charges of the same amount on the same day then yes, the interest should be the same, if theres even 1 day difference, the amount will vary.

Again the length of time makes a difference to your interest amount overall so if the charges were old, the interst would be a much higher amount than newer charges, so yes, that amount of interest will be right.

If you want to send me your spreadsheet to look at I'm more than happy to do so.

Comment

I've learnt something new - thanks Ianognito - I used that specially prepared spreadsheet that you kindly prepared for me and it's fine (I did have a query about the charges appearing as dates on the interest worksheet but I just copied the charges column from the charges worksheet over to the interest worksheet and it was fine. Thank you. I've just posted a query about the N1 form would be grateful if you or anyone else could advise. Once again, really appreciate your help! (and that goes to anyone else who will take the time out to advise me)

Comment

Glad to see you're getting sorted with this Diamond, thanks to Ian. I'll leave you in Ian's capable hands, but just gimme a shout if I can help at with anything, guys.

Comment

Ok will do - thanks Simian!

Comment

Originally posted by iancognito View Post
                      Diamond

The spreadsheet in post #1 here http://www.legal-beagles.co.uk/forum...s.html#post552 has 300 lines and all formulas correct, just copy and paste your charges into the charges sheet and the interest sheet will complete for you.

If you have any problems, PM me and I'll go through it with you
                      iancognito, i tried to open this spreadsheet and it wouldnt open for me, would you be able to pm it to me or post on one of my threads? you mention that you can cut copy and paste your charges into the spreadsheet, what format would you type them up in? excel? skeggsy v lloyds

Comment

Re: Spreadsheet Queries

Hi,

Could somone help as I can't open the spreadsheet link. If you could point me in the right direction or pm me that'd be great.

Many thanks

Belicoso

Comment

Do you use MS Office or Open Office?
                          "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                          (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by Belicoso View Post
                            Hi,

Could somone help as I can't open the spreadsheet link. If you could point me in the right direction or pm me that'd be great.

Many thanks

Belicoso
                            This the link you want----the one in this thread is from a past development

SPREADSHEETS and CALCULATORS - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X