• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bitingback @ Abbey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitingback @ Abbey

Hi to you all, I am new here so wanted to introduce myself.

I have (successfully) completed 1 claim against Shabbey using a different site and now for reasons not worth boring you with will be running the sequel claim here.

I have handed in the DPA letter to branch on the 1st May and wait the usual round of Shabbey letters.

Thanks for reading this far and will update things as they happen.

Good luck hun i'm rooting for you

xxx hugs as always

scarlet

Comment

Hi All

Update time, I have received statements going back to April '06 and a spreadsheet list of charges to January '04. The ever delightful Pam Speed has said that further information will be forthcoming.

Not started looking at the charges in detail but will be getting on to this today.

Expect me back with questions soon then.

Cheers

BB

ps: Need to get some bananas as I am going for a look round the CI enclosure.

Comment

BB, I take it this claim is for a different account to the one you've already done, rather than older (or newer) charges? Just wanted to clarify as obviosly it makes a difference if there's something 'unusual' in the claim.

Good luck xx

Comment

Hi Ian,

To clarify, the settled clain was for a personal account that was closed in '05. This one is for a currently active Joint account. To make life interesting they have decided not renew the OD facility which expires in July,

I'm sure this has nothing to do with me asking them for details of all the charges incurred.

Thanks for prompting the clarification.

BB xx

Comment

G'day all,

Yet a farther update, I admit to being surprised considering past experience with Shabbey but yesterday I received statements going back 6 years and since this account was in very good shape then there are no charges prior to this date.

So time to start playing with spreadsheets, getting all the bumph together and "crying Havoc and unleashing the dogs of War", or at least sending the prelim request letter.

More reading in the Gorrila enclosure and a decision to make there.

Thanks all,

BB

Comment

morning BB.....

I would definately go for it in billyboys enclosure...

Xena

Comment

Do it, do it, you know you want to....I've only done it...oh, four times now, and won (against Halicrap and Barclays)

Crash
                Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas
                DAY 114: 03/01 Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70
                59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80
                179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs
                254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Comment

Hi All,

Update time again, as said have 6 years statements from Shabbey, last 12 months as statements, Jan 04 to Mar 06 as a spreadsheet and prior to this as microfische.
                  Virtually all of the charges are in the last 18 months or so and come to £1550.00 in total.

To complete the picture I am claiming :-
                  Unpaid DD
                  Cleared Transaction Charge
                  Unauthorised OD
                  VISA Cleared Payment (not seen this before and assume it is Debit Card payment)
                  Cleared Cheque Charge

As a normal (like what is :rolleyes 8% claim this would come to a total of 1678.28.

Going down the CI route and looking at Abbey current normal OD rate (16.9%) the total is £1842.49 before section 69 interest.

Using Abbeys current Unauthorised OD rate of 28.7% makes it £2074.96 again without section 69.

I will be having this thread moved to the Gorilla enclosure as will be needing some info when it gets there.

Cheers for all your help thus far.

BB

Comment

I'm here now, Thanks for moving it, I didn't feel a thing.

Will have some questions for you shortly

BB

Comment

OK I said I'd be back with questions so:

Spreadsheet query first off, the column "Amount of Interest Charged", I am assuming is the total interest not just charges interest, also the column Average Estimated OD Bal during Int period, I read that and get a whooshing noise as it flys right over my head.

Thanks in advance for any assistance

BB

Comment

Glad the move didn't disrupt the ornaments too much, BB.

Yes, you put in the total amount of interest charged in that column. The spready works out the amount that actually pertains to the charges.

The "Average Estimated OverDrawn Balance during the Interest Period." -
                        The Interest Period is the period for which the interest has been charged. This is usually the month that the statement covers, but may be actually shown on the statement, on (or near) the line where the interest has been decucted. During that period, you should try and estimate as fairly as possible the average amount by which the account was overdrawn.

So. if you were overdrawn by £400 for half the time, but had a zero balance for the other half, the average would be £200. Any interest-free overdraft amount is entered next, as this also affect thie calculation.

HTH, matey.

Comment

Thx for the clarification OH font of knowledge.

I'll play with a calculator for a bit and would you mind If I send the spreadsheet for you to give it a once over.

Thanks

BB

Comment

By all means send me the spreadie BB. PM me if you haven't got my email addy. Or post it here as an attachment, but it will be on full view in that case.

Comment

Quick question just to clarify, The CI will be claimed at court stage and will effectivley replace the sectin 69 interest, (I understand the 8% is the final fallback position after going through various levels of interest (in Abbey's case 28.7 then 16.9)

So on the prelim letter I would use the spreadsheet (Which I will send to you shortly Simian!!) just to request charges and that interest the spread sheet has identified?

Cheers

BB

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X