• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Celestine v Natwest Bank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celestine v Natwest Bank

16TH JUNE 2006

Hi all,
    RE NatWest BANK CHARGES

I am absolutely brand new to the site but have been stuck on here for about 5 hrs reading up on all i need to know in order to tackle my charges. I sit here surrounded by bank and credit card statements, slowly realising that over several accounts I have been charged at least £4000 in just rejected DD's, cheque bounces and unauthorised overdraft use.

But every time my account is in trouble, something called a monthly 'Paid Referral Fee' appears. They vary between £25 and £50 per month on top of a £6 'Service Fee' God knows what they all are and I'm too scared to call my quite pleasant business manager to ask as I feel bad for what I'm about to do. (well not that bad actually!!) They sometimes appear several times in a month and always say eg Paid Referral Fee relates to 16th Aug. These fees rack up considerably over the years but only appear when I'm in the ****!

Celestine
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

16TH JUNE 2006

Paid referral fees I can claim back.

The £6 service fee I can't claim back - I have one of those 'Advantage Gold' accounts? That's what the £6 is for. Ring NatWest and tell them to downgrade your account to a normal current account unless there's any reason you need the Advantage Gold account.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

16TH JUNE 06

I can't believe how much this is racking up to, between my business account and Adv Gold there have been at least £4500 in charges. I'm just a bit worried because one of the threads congratulated a guy on getting back £1240 but expressed suprise because NW doesn't cooperate on larger amounts. Mine's gong to blow them out of the water!
      I like my business manager, but he sold me a dreadful mortgage that I had to pay to escape from because they stopped doing self cert, so I got lumbered with an inflexible product on a property they knew I had bought as an investment and intended to sell. So i don't feel heaps of sympathy!
      I will keep reading but have typed up three seperate Data Protection Act letters for business, Adv Gold and Credit card, all with seperate £10 fees because I assume they will have to deal with each case seperately and I have about 80% of personal statements, 10% credit cards and 100% of business(in storage with accountants) so i'd prefer to get all the info in one go to get a definitive amount of the total charges.
      Hope i'm making the right start.

Comment

One £10 fee entitles me to all information held about me, so I need to do a combined one for my personal account and credit card.

I need to do a seperate one for my business account, as director of the Ltd Company I will be able to do the DPA sar.

Comment

18TH JUNE 06

Hurrah! I feel like I'm getting going now. Have sent of the Data Protection Act letters to NatWest. Recorded of course. Ripped Tatty brown envelopes expected and will take inspiration from toilet bandit in kicking up a fuss.

Have just used spreadsheet to calculate charges onto my Adv Gold as I have 95% of the statements, (yes I was shocked at my organisation skills!) If they are correct then NW owe me £2513.08p.

One of the other DPAs relates to my business account, charges are likely to be about 1500.

Comment

24TH JUNE 06

Royal Mail Track and Trace shows my letters not delivered

I rang NW this morning on 08456052605. Got a lovely lady called Julie. She was very helpful and ordered my statements for me for two accounts at a charge of a fiver.................... .......................
            she then put me through to 'customer support' where they were also v helpful and just asked how far i wanted the statements to go back. She also asked if it was 'to do with getting my charges back', I said yes it was.
            I told her about my lost Data Protection Act letters and she admitted they have been absolutely innundated and that there were 'probably' delays and hold ups at head office.
            She then very sweetly agreed to stop the cheques in those envelopes on the basis that they were 'lost' rather than 'stopped' because that way is free rather than the £10 it costs to stop a (£10!!) cheque.
            She was curious about what I'm doing but not in a big brother way, more helpful than i expected in a million years.
            Now lets just see if those statements arrive in 5-10 days. I did say it was a Data Protection Act request but you never know
            Kate

Comment

30TH JUNE 06

Statements arrived yesterday in double wrapped brown envelope, taped up properly, all statements requested going back to 2001. Not bad considering I only called up for them last wednesday. 10/10 for prompt serveice.

Now to tot up all those charges.................. ...............

Comment

6TH JULY 06

Ok just an update.

Credit card statements and personal account statements received ok, also letter from joyce tudor promising the rest of the statements and returning two of my Data Protection Act cheques, happy to provide all 3 accounts.
                They owe me a total of £2724 on the current and credit card but i will claim them separately.
                sent off preliminary request letter today for the personal account and the cc goes tomorrow.
                hopefully biz statements will be here soon.

so far so good.........

ps
                my totally skint best mate (single mum holding down v low paid job) has received her statements, she rang me up squealing, oh my god they owe me nearly 4 grand. for her, that money literally means the end of being in debt and worry, literally lifechanging stuff.

Comment

29TH JUNE 06

Blimey!
                  I only posted my preliminary letter on Tuesday, got bog off letter from stuart higley today. so that means staight to LBA. i dont think they are even bothering to read our letters properly anymore but at least quick reply, bringing moneyclaim even closer.

Comment

29TH JUNE 06

It made me laugh that they said in my letter
                    'Having reviewed your account, I can find no instance where charges have been applied when they were not properly due. They have been associated with lack of covering funds in the account'

How did they have time to 'review' the account, they received my letter and replied to it on the same day!?
                    Still can't complain, I'm typing my LBA next!!

Comment

4TH JULY 06

HI ALL

I've just typed up my LBA, now winging its way to Mr Higley

Comment

Received negative response to my LBA from Stuart Higley.

Strangely he said....

Dear Ms Celestine

Thankyou for your further letter, undated but received here on 5 July 2006. (ooops!)

I note that you believe that we had acted as your fiduciary but this is not part of the normal banker/customer relationship and I am unsure of the basis of your contention.

However I am sorry that we have reached this poaition but I regret there is little that I can add constructively to my last letter and I note your proposed course of action. I have alerted our lawyers and litigation department blah blah blah.

Thank you for letting me know of your intentions.

Yours sincerely
                        Stuart Higley

(signed in proper fountain pen)

so i think i got his personal attention!

What on earth did he mean?

Strange comment that I havn't seen before.

Also since my LBA I have had 3 further £38 charges. Can I add these to my Moneyclaim or do I need to write another letter.
                        Now for Moneyclaim, which I will probably leave till next week when I get my broadband back. I'm on dial up at the moment and it is fairly slow.

Comment

16TH AUGUST 06

MONEYCLAIM FILED!!!!!

yeehaaaaaa

Comment

22ND AUGUST 06

NatWest have acknowledged my claim. 21/08/06

EEEEEK!

Comment

8TH SEPTEMBER 06

hi everyone

its all gone a bit quiet.

NW acknowledged on 21/8

Received court letter 4 days later saying NatWest intend to defend. signed Cobbetts

since then, nothing...at all.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X