• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How do i get the account number when it is closed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i get the account number when it is closed?

How can NatWest find an account that had been closed?

This advice is specifically for those who's account was open on or prior to October 2002 and my information is unfortunately incomplete for post October 2002, to which I apologise.

Why is October 2002 an important date?

On 4th October 2002, NatWest PLC computer system ran for the last time. On October 5th 2002 RBS Group PLC computer system became live with real time banking.

Why is this important?

Effectively NatWest PLC computer system froze in time at the above date. The old NatWest PLC produced a note on customer accounts everytime correspondence, marketing, complaints and charges- when a letter WAS actually sent out to you on every ocassion.

How does that help me to get my account number?

The new RBS Group PLC computer system still has access to the old system called the NatWest Archive which has a search system under name, sort code and gender. Very simple and accessible to all branch staff. So if your account was open on October 5th 2002 then you can go to your branch and get the account number with simple straightforward information.

What else would I need?

Address details for October 2002, identification for yourself(or the branch would be in breach of Data Protection Act and ID procedures) and the details mentioned above,

What about for accounts after October 2002?

On this point I have to apologise and state that this information is incomplete in my knowledge although I am sure that I will have the info eventually and will post. For what its worth NatWest can do a search under name and branch name but it may be difficult to confirm account details as there is no address on this search engine.

A lot of staff working for RBS Group PLC Data Protection Unit are unaware of a search engine to locate accounts so i thought i would add it here.
    Back Office 04, 26, 45, option 1. This produces 12 options one of them is a search facility. You do need the sort code of the branch you opened the account at plus the post code, Date Of Birth, name, but it takes approximately 30 seconds and any NatWest employee can find it.

Additonal information: O4 Master Index the next screen is Customer Information Index 26 Additonal options 45 NatWest Archive and Option 1 is locate customer

Please note that the back office codes will help when dealing with the branch and not when dealing with a Subject Access Request with head office. It will help locate accounts where the account number is not known or cannot be remembered.
    Last edited by Nattie; 16th February 2008, 18:27:PM.

Re: How do i get the account number when it is closed?

Originally posted by Nattie View Post
    How can NatWest find an account that had been closed?

This advice is specifically for those who's account was open on or prior to October 2002 and my information is unfortunately incomplete for post October 2002, to which I apologise.
    Hi Nattie,
    I don't suppose you have an up date on this.
    I'm trying to get my old bank a/c for 1992- April 2002.
    I hope you can help.
    Please.
    Millie cat
    x x x Millie Cat x x x

Got 75% of my OverDraft Charges back, yerrrr.

Treat others with the same Care and Respect
    As you would wish others to treat you.

Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum.

Comment

I don't suppose you have an up date on this.
      AFAIK the information is still current and staff should be able to locate your a/c using the back office codes

Comment

Thank you for your addvice,
        Do i call Natwest head office or go to the branch that the A/C was opened at, as i live close.?
        And how exactly should i phrase the question. Sorry i am out going and will speak allowed, but lack the knowledge about this to find the right words in order to get the right result.
        Thanks again,
        Millie Cat
        x x x Millie Cat x x x

Got 75% of my OverDraft Charges back, yerrrr.

Treat others with the same Care and Respect
        As you would wish others to treat you.

Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X